End Your Semester
Checking the Gradebook
There are a few things you should double-check before you submit the grades.
Make sure that all appropriate items are being included in the grade calculation. If you see a small gray icon in the form of a calculator with a line through it in the lower left corner of a Gradebook item header cell, that item Is
Included in the grade calculation. To change:
- Click on the drop-down menu icon in the lower right corner of the Gradebook item header cell, and select “Edit Item Details”
- Check the box for “Include item in course grade calculations?” and click “Save Changes”
Adding "zeroes" for missing scores
Gradebook items for which the score is blank will not be counted against the student, and the grade will not be calculated correctly. You can choose one of the following options:
- Enter zero for each missing score. If the item is coming from Tests & Quizzes or Assignments, you will need to enter zeroes within those tools.
- For each Gradebook item, you can select "Set Score for Empty Cells" from the drop-down menu. If the item is coming from Tests & Quizzes or Assignments, there is an option on each item's grading page in those tools to set a score for students without a submission or grade, respectively.
- For the entire Gradebook, you can select "Set Zero Score for Empty Cells" from the Course Grade drop-down menu.
If you have a student whose course grade you would like to change:
- click on the current course grade
- select the drop-down menu icon that appears
- select Course Grade Override
- enter the new grade and click Save Course Grade Override
Final grades can be imported into the offical University grade submission system from your ReggieNet gradebook. This is done through the My.IllinoisState.edu portal.
- log into My.IllinoisState.edu
- select Academics
- use the Submit Grades link for each course listed to access the Faculty Center portal
The Registrar's website has detailed instructions on submitting grades through the Faculty Center.
For help with grades in ReggieNet, contact the Center for Integrated Professional Development at (309) 438-2542 or ProDev@ilstu.edu
For help with the Faculty Center grade submission process, please contact the Office of the University Registrar at (309) 438-2188 or Registrar@IllinoisState.edu.