Using Zoom with ReggieNet
ReggieNet integration with Zoom, a video-conferencing service, allows instructors and students to communicate synchronously for both online and face-to-face courses. The interface in ReggieNet allows instructors to schedule meetings, and it allows students to view and join available meetings.Learn how to incorporate Zoom into your ReggieNet course site.
The basic steps to do this are:
- Activate your license
- Add tool to ReggieNet
- Schedule a meeting
Activating Your License
Illinois State has provided Pro licenses to all instructors. If you have not already activated your license, you need to do that first at ISU’s Zoom page
- Activate your Zoom Pro account
- Complete the form:
INSERT IMAGE 1
Adding Zoom to ReggieNet
Once your license is set up properly, you can add Zoom to your ReggieNet site if it hasn’t been already added.
- Go to Site Info > Manage Tools
- Scroll down to section labeled External Tools, click, and then click the checkbox for Zoom Pro
- Click Continue, then Finish
Once Zoom has been added, if your account is set up correctly, you will see the following:
INSERT IMAGE 2
You can now schedule meetings by clicking Schedule a New Meeting. Once a meeting has been scheduled, it will show on the list of Upcoming meetings.
- You must create meetings through the ReggieNet interface in order for students to see those meetings. This must be done separately for each course site.
- By default, you will see any meetings that have been scheduled through the site, including those scheduled by others. Checking the box for “Show my course meetings only” will hide meetings scheduled by others
- Selecting “All My Zoom Meetings” will display all of your Zoom meetings, including those from other classes, and those created in the illinoisstate.zoom.us website.
INSERT IMAGE 3
- Students will only see meetings related to that particular course. To see what students see in a specific course, use ReggieNet’s “View Site As” function, located at the top the course site.
When students go to the Zoom Pro tool within ReggieNet, they will see the list of meetings. They can click the Join button to participate in the meeting.
INSERT IMAGE 4
Importing a meeting
If you have created a meeting outside of the Zoom Pro tool, either by using the older Zoom integration tool, or through illinoisstate.zoom.us, you can import that meeting into your course.
- Move your cursor over the symbol near the top right, and select Import meeting
INSERT IMAGE 5
- Enter the meeting ID in the pop-up dialogue box. Note: you must include the hyphens between the three sets of digits in the meeting ID (i.e. 598-378-173)
- Click Import
Deleting a meeting
If you want to delete meeting, click the Delete button to the right of the name.
Note: Deleting a meeting will not just remove it from the ReggieNet course; it will cancel the meeting
Cengage MindTap uses the basic LTI 1.0 protocol.
Before starting, you should have received an email containing LTI information from Cengage. If you have not, you should contact your Cengage sales rep to request the information.
- Go to course, select Site Info > Manage Tools. Scroll to the bottom, and find and expand Plugin Tools section. Check the box for Cengage MindTap and click Continue.
- You can now keep the defaults or change the Tool Title, Button Text and/or icon. Then copy the URL provided by Cengage into the “Launch URL” box. Click Continue, then Finish. The Cengage MindTap link will be added to the left-hand navigation.
McGraw Hill uses the advanced LTI 1.1 protocol, which allows you to link to the textbook, and also to have scores sent to the Gradebook.
- Go to course, select Site Info > Manage Tools. Scroll to the bottom, and find and expand Plugin Tools section. Check the box for MH Campus and click Continue.
- You can keep the default icon, or choose another. Click Continue, then Finish. The MH Campus link will be added to the left-hand navigation.
- Click the MH Campus link; you will be directed to the McGraw Hill Campus Gateway site. Once there, you can choose the textbook you wish to access. Once the textbook has been chosen, you can select specific content through the MH Campus Connect site.
** NOTE ** If you want to use the Grade Sync process that will automatically push grades from the MHCampus Connect Cloud to your Reggienet Gradebook, you need to add the following account to the course site as a Co-Instructor: mcgraw_hill_admin