Flip (formerly called Flipgrid) is a social learning platform to create virtual learning communities such as classrooms, schools, or departments to share ideas and discuss topics with Flip.
- Flip is licensed through Illinois State’s Office 365 accounts, so instructors can access the full features for free.
- Create custom learning communities in Groups and share with a custom code, auto-generated code, or QR code.
- Create topics for interaction, presentations, book reviews, discussions, etc.
- Learners share their ideas through videos.
- Camera application (Shorts) built into the Flip platform.
- Share and interact with your learning community with QR codes.
- Guest Mode to include guest speakers for topics.
How to Get Flip
For more information, download The Step-by-Step Guide for Educators through the Flip website.
See Flip's Educator Toolkit to get started, get inspiration and support, and spread the word with On-Demand Training in English and Spanish.
- The Center for Integrated Professional Development also provides Flip technical support for instructors. If you have any additional questions, please contact us at (309) 438-2542 or ProDev@ilstu.edu.
- From Flip's blog, find additional resources for help.
Last updated: June 28, 2022
Last updated: June28, 2022
Last updated: September 11, 2018
For more information on Flip and Accessibility and Read their Accessibility Pledge post!